Rhodes on the Road Again
Decision Madeby Jeane Rhodes on 03/14/20
As you likely expect, we will not be traveling to Italy in two weeks as planned. We made the decision last Sunday, before it would have been made for us with the travel ban. We are "sheltering in place," even limiting movement about in our own community. As the coronavirus impacts everyone around the world, our own sadness in being unable to travel to Italy now seems a very small concern. Our hearts go out to all those in Italy and around the world who are struggling with the pandemic itself, as well as the social and financial impacts.
Concerned Waitingby Jeane Rhodes on 03/05/20
After spending almost a year planning a trip to Sicily and the Italian mainland, we are now waiting to see if we can make this trip. If we ignore the travel warning, will our hosts appreciate our effort and welcome us - or will they fear we might further add to their challenges with the coronavirus? At this point, we are monitoring the situation and re-evaluating daily.